A great way to make the most of the carrot tops, loaded as the roots with minerals and vitamins. (This recipe can actually be made with any leafy greens.)
- 1 bunch of carrot tops
- 1 garlic clove
- The juice and zest of half lemon
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (extra virgin!)
- To reduce bitterness and make it easier for your blender, tear off the leaves from the stems (Place your fingers on the top of the stem and swipe down the length of the stem from top to bottom).
- Add first the leaves in the blender and process until finely chopped (might have to do it in 2 batches).
- Add all the other ingredients and whiz until smooth.
- Taste and season with more lemon/tahini/olive oil if needed.