Quick and fun recipe for some indulgent but guilt-free energy balls. Sugar-free (the sweetness comes from the dates), they are the perfect snack for all the family!
(Makes 25 energy balls)
For the base:
- 200 grams of cashew nuts (soaked overnight)
- 100 g of soft dates (e.g. medjool dates)
- 1 tablespoon of raw cocoa powder (or more to taste)
- Optional: cranberries or other dried fruit
For the coating:
- Desiccated coconut
- Cocoa powder
- Chopped nuts
- Blitz up the dates, and cashews together in a blender.
- Once you have a crumb like consistency which will stick together when pressed, add cocoa powder and fruits and blitz for a few seconds more.
- Roll the mixture in your hands into little balls and roll it in desiccated coconut, cocoa powder or nuts.