Gazpacho is a cold soup made of raw vegetables typical from the southern Spanish region of Andalusia. It’s refreshing and packed with nutrients – a great way to eat vegetables during the summer!
- 500 grams of ripe tomatoes (about 3 big tomatoes)
- 1 piece of cucumber, about 5/7 cm long
- 1 slice of stale bread (about 40 grams)
- 1 garlic clove
- Half tablespoon of virgin olive oil
- Half tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (or any vinegar you like)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Optional: onion, red and green pepper
- Wash the tomatoes and cucumber and chop them roughly.
- If too hard, soak the bread in water to soften it.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and whiz until smooth.
- Check the consistency. If it is still rather thick, you can add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, you might want to add a little more vinegar.
- You can serve it straight away, or let it chill in the fridge. During hot days, you can also serve it with ice cubes.